The firm is consistently ranked as a leader in corporate law in Israeli and international rating guides, including BDI, Dun's 100 , IFLR-1000, Legal-500. Various departments in the firm deal with corporate law, particularly the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) department; securities and capital markets department; and the commercial law and international law department.
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
The Mergers and Acquisitions department is consistently ranked in Israeli and international rating guides, including BDI, DUN'S 100 , IFLR-1000, Legal-500, as one of the leaders in its field in Israel, and its senior staff has also enjoyed praise in leading international rating guides.
The department has been involved in some of the largest transactions in the Israeli economy and has provided legal support to companies (private and public) in a range of deals in the field of mergers and acquisitions. The department's skill, knowledge and experience are due in large part to its senior lawyers, Adv. Guy Ne'eman, senior partner, and Lilach Keynan, partner, who have taken part in some of the largest and most complex transactions undertaken in the national economy.
The firm provides legal support in every stage of a transaction, from deal-structuring, due diligence, negotiations, agreement-drafting, working with governmental and regulatory bodies, publicizing special reports and receiving all the necessary permits - up until the deal is signed and completed.
Over the years, the department's partners have supported leading groups and corporations in Israel's economy, public and private alike, in significant cases and transactions, including:
- representing two publicly-traded companies belonging to the Arlov Group, valued at billions of dollars, in a statutory merger transaction (completed in June 2015);
- representing clients in a transaction for the sale of the controlling interest of one of Israel’s largest retail computer chains (2016-2017);
- a number of significant and complex deals in an important real estate and hotel deal on the Tel Aviv shoreline (the Herbert Samuel project);
- a merger between Shikun U’Binui Ltd. and ADO Group Ltd., completed in June 2011;
- acquisition of the controlling interest of British Israel Ltd. by Melisron Ltd. for more than NIS 1.7 billion, completed in April 2011;
- acquisition of the controlling interest of Reshet Noga Company Ltd. (Channel 2 concessionaire) in a number of transactions.
Securities and the capital market
The department has expertise in all key aspects of the capital market, a complicated and sensitive field affected by constantly-changing regulation. The department provides solutions to all the needs of the public corporation, including:
- the public company's regular activities (immediate statements, periodic statements, regulation, liaising with government authorities, submitting queries for pre-ruling, legal opinions, etc.);
- issuing, prospectuses, outlines, etc.;
- mergers and acquisitions (M&A) of public companies, including purchase offers, private offers and more.
The department has special expertise in the field of stakeholder transactions.
The department's skill, knowledge and experience in these fields is due in large part to the extensive experience of department-head and senior partner, Adv. Guy Ne’eman's, who has supported corporations and handled some of the most important cases in Israel. The department's partners have supported leading Israeli groups and corporations over the years, such as:
- representing two publicly-traded companies belonging to the Arlov Group, valued at billions of dollars, in a merger transaction that included issuing and drafting a prospectus, stakeholder transactions, etc. (completed in June 2015);
- issuing bonds to Alrov Real Estate and Hotels Ltd., including private issues, valued at about NIS 1 billion;
- shelf-prospectuses for Alrov Real Estate and Hotels Ltd.;
- complex stakeholder transactions (including the publicly-traded Matarat Mizug Ltd.);
- issue of shares to the public company Premium (controlled by Ms. Ofer);
- a self-purchase offer for bonds of Al-Rov (Israel) Ltd.
The commercial law and international law department
The department is consistently ranked in Israeli and international rating guides, including BDI,DUN'S 100, IFLR-1000, Legal-500 and others, as one of the leaders in its field in Israel, and its senior staff has also enjoyed praise in leading international rating guides.
The firm’s commercial team deals with all aspects of commercial law, representing a range of corporations in their everyday business and corporate activities. The department places special emphasis on companies' everyday business activities, needs and business goals. The department has the unique experience required to provide legal support in this dynamic, highly regulated field. The department supports its clients throughout the corporate lifecycle, from incorporation and establishment, to accompanying the company's regular activities, to liquidation. In doing so, the firm handles a wide spectrum of corporate issues, including incorporation agreements and complex corporate deals, partnership agreements, arrangements between or with shareholders, investment agreements, benefit and options arrangements, liquidations, receiverships, company secretariat work and more.
In addition, the department specializes in representing clients in commercial and business transactions and agreements, both local and international, in many fields and sectors, including financing deals, technology deals, mergers and acquisitions, real estate deals, accompaniment of projects, development agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, maintenance and support agreements, logistics agreements, marketing agreements, advertising and sales promotion, agency agreements, brokerage agreements, distribution agreements, concession agreements, cooperation and joint-venture agreements, contracting agreements, tenders, rental agreements and more. The department’s multidisciplinary approach allows it to provide clients with first-class commercial legal consultation in a wide range of fields, in all of their legal, regulatory and business aspects. This experience, alongside an understanding of business and finance, makes the department stand out amongst its peers.
High tech department
The high tech department is an integral part of the commercial and international department. The high tech department advises startup companies, investors, entrepreneurs, venture capital funds and international companies on all matters related to startup companies, including investments and merger and acquisition transactions. The department supports startup companies from the initial incorporation stages, to capital raising, to everyday management including technology licensing, to negotiations and completion of sale transactions ("exits"). The department works together with other departments in the firm, particularly the corporations, securities and capital market departments, in order to provide the best, most comprehensive service possible. The department provides legal consultation to the best companies and investors in the field and has taken part in significant transactions.